Tashi Tsering/Pahichan – Blue Diamond Society (BDS) is a non profit organization. This is an LGBTI rights organization in Nepal. It was founded in 2001 to advocate to change the existing laws against homosexuality, and to promote the rights of Nepal’s marginalized gay, transgender and other sexual minority communities. Its work is focused on promoting the rights of sexual and gender minorities in Nepal. Another contribution to Nepal’s LGBTQ+ communities is to provide care, counselling, and services to victims of HIV/AIDS.
Blue Diamond Society aims to educate and assist with the sexual health, human rights, and the well-being of gender and sexual minorities in Nepal.
BDS organization also conducting different programme on LGBTI at college, school and other place so to know about the third gender and LGBTI is very important in this society.
Ø Before knowing about the third gender, we have to know the sex, gender and sexual orientation. Sex refers to physical or physiological differences between males and females, including both primary sex characteristics (the reproductive system) and secondary characteristics such as height and muscularity.
Ø Gender is a term that refers to social or cultural distinctions associated with being male or female.
Ø Sexual orientation refers to a person’s emotional and sexual attraction to a particular sex. Sexual orientation is typically divided into four categories: heterosexuality, the attraction to individuals of the opposite sex; homosexuality, the attraction to individuals of one’s own sex; bisexuality, the attraction to individuals of either sex and asexuality, no attraction to either sex. Heterosexuals and homosexuals may also be referred to informally as “straight” and “gay,” respectively.
Ø Third gender or third sex is a concept in which individuals are categorized, either by themselves or by society, as neither man nor woman. It also describes a social category present in those societies that recognize three or more genders and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI).
- Alesbian is a female homosexual: a female who experiences romantic love or sexual attraction to other females. The term lesbian is also used to express sexual identity or sexual behaviour regardless of sexual orientation, or as an adjective to characterize or associate nouns with female homosexuality or same-sex attraction.
- Gay is a male homosexual. A male who sexually attracted to someone who is the same sex (male).
- Bisexualityis romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behaviour toward both males and females, or romantic or sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender identity this latter aspect is sometimes alternatively termed pan sexuality.
- Transgender is divided into two trans man and trans women. Trans man Atrans man (sometimes trans-man or transman) is a transgender person who was assigned female at birth but whose gender identity is that of a man. The label of transgender man is not always interchangeable with that of transsexual man, although the two labels are often used in this way and trans woman (sometimes trans-woman or transwoman) is a transgender person who was assigned male at birth but whose gender identity is that of a woman. The label of transgender woman is not always interchangeable with that of transsexual woman, although the two labels are often used in this way.
- Intersex” is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside. Or a person may be born with genitals that seem to be in-between the usual male and female types—for example, a girl may be born with a noticeably large clitoris, or lacking a vaginal opening, or a boy may be born with a notably small penis, or with a scrotum that is divided so that it has formed more like labia. Or a person may be born with mosaic genetics, so that some of her cells have XX chromosomes and some of them haveXY.
Those are about on the LGBTI which is very important to know every people. Third genders are also normal people so never do discrimination in the society.